SCHERZO MUSIC STUDIO’S LESSONS POLICY 2012
THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES
Effective January 1st, 2012*
- Scherzo Music Studio is open for lessons by appointment 7 days a week from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- A 30, 45 or 60 minutes lesson, once or twice a week, will be scheduled by mutual agreement between the Studio and the parents/adult student.
- The Lessons Calendar will be divided in Regular ( Cancellation are not Allowed) and Flexible (Cancellations Allowed with 24 hrs. Advanced Notification). Please check calendar for details.
- During the Regular Calendar the lessons will be scheduled and charged on a regular weekly basis as agreed by the Parent/Student and the Teacher and no cancellations will be allowed. Reschedules will be allowed only in case of an emergency and/or sickness.
- During the Flexible Calendar, students must notify the Studio of changes on their schedule at least 24 hours in advance; otherwise, the student will incurred in the regular lessons fee.
Lessons that fall on a Federal Holiday are considered regular lessons; however, students will have the option to a) attend their lesson as scheduled; b) reschedule the lesson to a different day; c) ad time to the scheduled lessons (options a and b subject to availability).
- Please keep in mind that teachers plan their time off around student’s attendance during spring break, summer break and winter break. Any advanced notification during the Flexible Calendar will be highly appreciated.
- MISSED LESSONS WILL BE FORFEITED AND THE REGULAR RATE WILL BE CHARGED.
- Lessons that conflict with students or parents’ schedules will be charged; however, students might be elegible to receive a makeup credit if the Studio is notified at least 24 hrs. in advance.
- Cancellations are not allowed during the Regular Calendar, and must be notified at least 24-hrs in advance during the Flexible Calendar.
- Cancellations by the studio will not be charged; however an alternate schedule or teacher will be assigned to students who wish to attend their weekly session.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson and notifies the teacher at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson, he/she can opt to:
- Skip and pay for the lesson(s) or
- Receive a makeup credit
- MAKEUP CREDITS will only be granted to students who notify the Studio at least 24 hrs. in advance.
- Makeup Credits can be taken by:
- Arranging the lessons on a different day/time
- Adding makeup time to scheduled lessons in intervals of 15 or 30 minutes, until makeup time is covered.
- MAKEUP CREDITS EXPIRE 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE CANCELLED LESSON.
- Please keep in mind that makeup credits are subject to availability of space and teacher time. The Studio will make any effort to accommodate any makeup requests; however, in the case of a schedule conflict on either part, the students will be charged for the lesson.
- The Studio reserves the right to assign an alternate instructor in the event that the assigned teacher cannot attend a lesson, or to cover makeup credits.
- Any other circumstance not covered on this policy will be resolved on a case-by-case basis.
- Makeup Credits can be taken by:
- TERMINATION OF LESSON
- Students may terminate their lessons at any time by notifying the Studio at least 7 days in advance. Failure to notify the Studio will incur in the regular fee to be charged.
- The Studio reserves the right to terminate any student due to bad behavior after 1 warning.
- In order to register, the first full payment must be paid in advance.
- After the 1st payment, a monthly statement will be issued by the last lesson of each month for students/parents review. Payment will be due on the first 2 weeks following the month covered by the statement.
- The Studio reserves the right to charge a $5 fee for a late payments and $25 fee for a returned check.
- Payment methods accepted are Cash, Checks and Credit Cards.
- Students paying the equivalent of 12 weeks in advance will receive 5% off their fees. Discount does not apply for lessons already taken and/or already invoiced lessons.
*Subject to change with at least 30 days notice.